With so many options available to patients, the value of a non surgical nose job in 2017 might seem as though it’s diminishing. After all, patients these days have so many more options when it comes to getting results. Not only is the non surgical nose job competing with permanent, surgical procedures such as traditional rhinoplasty, it’s also competing with other non surgical techniques, such as Kybella injections.
Stiff Competition These Days
It’s true, Kybella won’t necessarily make your nose look any different. But patients these days have a plethora of options in the “non surgical” arena—meaning it’s less obvious where they should invest their time and money.
That said, the non surgical nose job in 2017 is still a popular procedure—and the value of this procedure isn’t necessarily diminishing. Indeed, the value of the non surgical nose job just might be going up.
What is the Cost of the Non Surgical Nose Job?
According to a website that specializes in the procedure, the cost of a non surgical nose job ranges from between $1000-2000. The price will depend on a wide variety of factors, including the expertise of the surgeon and the type of filler used. For example, permanent or semi-permanent fillers (such as Bellafill) will usually be more expensive than fillers that deliver temporary results.
However, even for temporary fillers, that $2000 price tag can start to add up. Even taking into account the fact that a surgical rhinoplasty can cost upwards of $10,000, there still comes a point where a surgical procedure might actually be more cost effective. After all, to maintain the results of your procedure, you will need to keep getting injections (every year and a half or so, depending on the type of injectable you get).
Is the Cost Worth it?
But there are costs that you get to avoid when you go in for a non surgical nose job. Those are the costs associated with taking time off of work or with medical complications that may stem from surgery. There are also other kinds of costs: the physical and emotional costs that come with the pain of surgery.
In other words, the price tag does not constitute the only advantage of a non surgical nose job. Those other advantages include:
- Quick procedure time: You can be in and out in less than thirty minutes with a non surgical nose job
- You can see the results of a non surgical nose job almost immediately, whereas a surgical procedure might mean six months of swelling before you know what it looks like
- Non surgical nose jobs are temporary—meaning you can see if you like the results before deciding to keep them
Of course, only you will know whether the non surgical nose job is the right fit for you (in consultation with your surgeon, of course).
How Does the Non Surgical Nose Job Compare?
We’ve written quite a bit about how a non surgical nose job compares to its surgical counterpart. But how does it stack up against other non surgical procedures? It seems that this is the area—especially in 2017 and beyond—where the non surgical rhinoplasty is going to meet its stiffest competition.
And there is some serious competition. There aren’t really many other options for changing the size or shape of the nose. But there are plenty of ways to give yourself a makeover or transformation. Some of those methods include:
- Kybella: An injectable way to diminish the fat around your jawline.
- Coolsculpting: A procedure that literally uses cold to eliminate subtle areas of unwanted fat
- Laser Skin Tightening: There are plenty of these procedures on the market, and not all of them are equally effective, but laser treatments do offer some skin tightening results
- Non Surgical Eyelid Lift: A way of eliminating lines and wrinkles around the eyes using injectables
- Lip Enhancement: You can also increase the size of your lips (or simply eliminate wrinkles in the lips) by getting injections of dermal fillers
As you can see, there are quite a few ways to get the look you want without having to undergo surgery. This is a relatively recent development in the cosmetic surgery world, and it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
That said, the non surgical nose job in 2017 is still the only way to alter the shape of your nose without relying on surgery. That means it’s just as vital—and just as relevant—as it ever has been. If anything, the extra competition seems like a great way to get attention on non surgical procedures in general. In other words, everyone’s a winner.