Summary: A mommy makeover is a customized combination of procedures that target exactly those problem spots that women feel frustrated by the most after pregnancy: namely, the breasts and belly. But there’s another important aspect of your life that may have changed a lot after pregnancy, too, and it’s one that many women feel self-conscious talking about. If you’ve noticed that your sex life took a hit after your latest baby, you might want to think about including cosmetic gynecology as part of your mommy makeover. Some have even referred to this as the Wonder Woman Makeover.
Recovering Your Sexuality after Pregnancy
It’s hard for many women to reconcile their sexuality with motherhood. Physically, pregnancy can take a toll on your body, and life with a new baby at home is just as hard initially. Not many moms can channel their most sensual selves when they’re only averaging a few hours of sleep per night and recovering from giving birth!
However, even after your child stops breastfeeding, becomes more independent and starts letting everyone in the house sleep through the night again, many women find their sex lives still lack the spark they enjoyed before having kids.
Female sexual response includes both physical and emotional elements. It’s hard to feel sexy if you’re exhausted. Other women may find they feel less confident in the bedroom due to pregnancy-related body changes, including those in the vaginal area.
Giving Your Bedroom Life a Boost
The majority of women find the post-baby sex life slump is totally normal—and totally temporary. With time, these emotions pass, and you’ll feel more like yourself again as you adjust to the all the new changes that have recently developed in your life.
Part of this adjustment can include empowering yourself to take charge of the bedroom issues that bother you the most. For some women, this can mean frustration at the lack of sexual response from their bodies, even when they want to be intimate with their partners. For others, maybe self-consciousness about vaginal appearance is the barrier that stands in the way of a fully-charged sex life. In either case, genital rejuvenation procedures can help.
Choosing the Best Procedures for You
There are many “south of the border” procedures that can be included with your mommy makeover, depending on your personal goals.
For women with cosmetic concerns:
- Labiaplasty can create a shapelier, more proportionate look to elongated inner labia, along with removing the darker edge, eliminating or reducing the portion that protrudes beyond the labia majora.
- Clitoral hood reduction eliminates excess skin for a more streamlined appearance. Often, this is combined with labiaplasty.
- The perineum, or area between your vaginal and anal openings, is often traumatized and scarred after childbirth from an episiotomy or tear. Perineoplasty can smooth and tighten this region, along with removing protruding vaginal tissue.
For women who want to improve sexual sensation:
- Clitoral hood reduction is functional as well as aesthetic. Removing excess skin over the clitoris can mean enhanced clitoral stimulation during intercourse.
- Women who want to increase their orgasm intensity can benefit from G-spot amplification, which helps you locate and stimulate the G-spot more easily.
- The O-SHOT™ can mean more powerful orgasms for women who want to boost their sex life, but can also help those women who suffer from arousal-related sexual dysfunction.
- Vaginoplasty, which tightens the interior vaginal wall, can improve sexual sensation for both partners.
Of course, many women want to enhance their appearance and enjoy a better sex life simultaneously. If this is the case for you, talk to your plastic surgeon about the possibility of combining one or more of these options for an even better mommy makeover.