The end of the year is often a time of renewal and reflection. That means, in many ways, that the end of the year could also be a good time for a cosmetic surgery procedure. It turns out cosmetic procedures can be quite popular as the year winds down. Which procedures are the most popular, and what are the reasons behind them?
Are You Celebrating the New Year with Cosmetic Surgery?
As November turns to December and the year starts drawing to a close, it’s natural to start thinking about the next year. Of course, it’s also natural to start thinking about how you’re going to celebrate the end of 2019. For some people, it’s all about those New Year’s Eve parties. For others, an end of the year celebration looks more contemplative. Still others find themselves a bit in the middle of those two ends.
For many, however, the end of the year is a time of renewal. And that’s why those people will choose to usher in the new year with a little bit of cosmetic surgery. That might sound a little surprising, at first. But there are some good reasons why and end-of-year approach to cosmetic surgery can be a logical approach.
Why Cosmetic Surgery Around New Year’s?
So, why is New Year’s Eve a good time to undergo cosmetic surgery? Well, okay, maybe December 31 is not ideal. But the end of the year makes for a compelling time to undergo a cosmetic procedure. And there are several reasons why that is:
- Instant results: Not all procedures will produce instant results. But those that do will mean you’re ready to hit the party scene (if you’re into that) or a gathering of friends by New Year’s Eve.
- A time of renewal: The end of the year also marks one of those moments that is perfect for a little reflection and a little renewal. Cosmetic surgery can make you feel more youthful–instead of feeling like another year has passed.
- An easy time to remember: Many cosmetic surgery procedures, such as Juvederm or Voluma injections, are temporary in nature. This means that if you want to keep your results, you’ll have to go back to the clinic for maintenance procedures. Sometimes it can be a little tricky to remember when you should go back–but the end of the year is pretty easy to remember.
- Thinking of beginnings: Sometimes it’s unpleasant thinking about the end of the year. Some people just don’t like endings, and that’s understandable! That’s why starting something new (such as cosmetic surgery) and the end of the year can be a fun undertaking.
Whatever your motivations for undergoing year-end cosmetic surgery might be, there’s going to be some unique element to them. Everyone’s motivations will be different, at least slightly. And that’s good, because it means you’re acting on your own individual needs and desires.
What Procedures Are Popular?
There are several procedures that tend to be relatively popular with the New Year’s crowd. Some of those include:
- Botox: Partly, that’s because Botox is always popular. But it’s also because that end of year reflection time is a perfect moment to try to get rid of your lines and wrinkles. That said, it can take several weeks for Botox results to become visible.
- Dermal fillers: Most dermal fillers, on the other hand, can get rid of wrinkles and present immediate results. So if you want that instant gratification at the end of the year, these are the way to go.
- Coolsculpting: As a procedure designed to eliminate unwanted fat, Coolsculpting is always popular. Around the end of the year, though, some patients want to get a head start on their New Year’s Resolutions, and Coolsculpting can help do that.
Whichever procedure you end up undergoing, it’s important to talk to your surgeon about what might (or might not) be best for you.